DKU Auto Course Tester
This prototype is aimed to provide advice to DKU students in terms of course choosing. It temporarily works for 2020 spring term. When you enter all the courses you are interested in (only for 4-credit now), it will try all possible combinations (two 4-credit courses each session) (all combinations for labs and recitations as well) and give you all the plausible ones. Independent studies, PE courses and mini-terms are not included.
For Chinese students, there will be a choice for EAP Professor. However, there are too many levels of Chinese courses. The international students can use the prototype to get the 4-credit courses scheduled and then consider Chinese courses.
The results will be shown in the form of schedules webpages and it will save a copy in the result folder. Because the combinations might be huge, we recommend 4-6 4-credit courses and 1-2 EAP Professors.
The results name
Choice is difference between what course chosen for session 1 and session 2. The No.x is for different choice for this session. As two sessions are independent, you can freely combine the No.x and No.y in two sessions under the same Choice.
How to use
- Input the number of 4-credit courses (recommend 4-6)
- Input the course name in ALL CAPS with one space in the middle
- Input whether you want to take EAP (anything but “yes” will be considered as no)
- *Input the number of EAP professors you prefer (recommend 1-2)
- *Input the names exactly as above (recommend copy and paste)
- Wait a while for the webpages
(If there are too many pages, make the window of the web browser smaller and close the cmd…)
Felix Zhao: Idea and support
Alex Jin: Test and support
Dingning Li: Test and support
Program by Eric Qu
For bug report